Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Another one done, this one's for Gina
I just finished this quilt last night. I started this last January. Gina and I saw it in a quilting magazine and decided we should make it. Only thing is, I didn't want to cut it all out, alot of parts and pieces drive me nuts. So Gina said she had the perfect fabric from the store and she would cut it all up and sell me the kit. So the next day I went to Colfax to pick it up and since she had a kit of her own, I told her I'd call her with any questions or problems. I went home and sewed that sucker up in one night. It was so fun and easy and not cutting it out saved me a ton of time. So I called Gina and told her it was done and I'd be coming by the next day to show her. She couldn't believe I'd finished it that fast! Well like I said, that was last January and here we are over a year and a half later. It actually was in the trunk of the Lincoln when I slammed into that tree. I was laying in the hospital and Dan said he'd left the tow yard and got everything out of the car and trunk. When I asked about the quilt he didn't mention anything about it. So he had to go back a week later, after it had been towed to a wrecking yard, and get it out then. thank goodness he did, it's one of my last connections to Gina. I wonder what ever happened to her version of this quilt? She had made it and it was hanging on the wall of the quilt shop for the longest time. Anyway, the quilter lady gave it to me on Saturday morning and I just finished putting on the binding last night. It's for Wyatt, of course. Gina would have wanted it that way. Thanks for everything Gina, we really miss you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment