Thursday, December 27, 2007

Enchilada kind of day.

Thursdays are usually reserved for taking Wyatt to school and getting some last minute things done around the house before he goes over to Dan's. Well this week is a little screwed up because of Christmas and he came home last night from Dan's. He opened all his gifts and then went to bed. Instead of taking him to school today I decided to let him stay home to play. He has a whole living room full of trains. And here we are at 1:30 in the afternoon and he's still in his Christmas jammies. Oh well. I decided to make enchiladas today for lunch and I have to say, this is my best batch yet. They weren't over cooked and they are just the right amount of saucy. I'm now thinking of starting a new craft project. It's so much more exciting starting a new one rather than finishing up an old one (boring!). I went to JoAnn's last night to pick up some yarn, a crochet hook and a beginner's book on crocheting. You see my stepdad Bill's aunt and grandmother crochet these blankets for gifts. It's a real nice gesture but they use that real icky Red Heart yarn which shrinks up to nothing in the wash and itches real bad. Plus they are about the size of one of my thighs. So I think I'm going to attempt to make some afghans for Christmas next year. You see I have 363 days left until Christmas next year and I figure that's enough time to learn to crochet and get a few afghans under my belt. Of course this year I planned on making tons of quilts and other things for Christmas only to get to Christmas morning having made one tree skirt and one table runner. Boring! SO hopefully this will be the year I get things done.

No comments: